Saturday, August 11, 2012

One perfect rose


1. Cut this poem into lines.
2. Give each student a line, ask them to memorize their lines, collect the pieces of paper back.
3. The students have to arrange the lines into a poem by walking around and telling one another their lines.
4. The students stand in a line and say the poem.

A single flower he sent me, since we met.
All tenderly his messenger he chose;
Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet-
One perfect rose.

I knew the language of the floweret,
“My fragile leaves,” it said, “his heart enclose.”
Love long has taken for his amulet
One perfect rose.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it’s always just my luck to get
One perfect rose.

Dorothy Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...